The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) at IU, as part of the national organization, is dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry. The chapter endorses the established goals of the association:
- To organize and provide mutual support for Hispanics involved in the gathering or dissemination of news.
- To encourage and support the study and practice of journalism and communications by Hispanics.
- To foster and promote a fair treatment of Hispanics by the media.
- To further the employment and career development of Hispanics in the media.
- To foster a greater understanding of Hispanic media professionals’ special cultural identity, interests, and concerns.
We hope to serve as a media outlet for the Hispanic community at IU, providing a voice for Hispanic student organizations and individuals in the Bloomington surrounding area.
If you feel that you or your organization have a story to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest any ideas.
Follow us on Twitter at @NAHJ_IU and like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NAHJatIU.
Chapter Executive Board
President: Carmen Heredia Rodriguez
Vice President: Stephanie Stremplewski
Secretary: Bianca Fernandez
Treasurer: Lisa Hernandez
Social Media Director: Alex Lopez
Publicity Director: Jessica De La Cruz
Event Planning Director: Samantha Schmidt
Faculty Advisor: Gerry Lanosga
Student Advisor: Juan Cano